Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday's Green Tip

I have decided to dedicate Tuesday as Green Tip Day, I challenge you to join along.

Some of you may know that I made it a goal this year to living a more Green life. It has not been difficult at all, in fact it has been ALLOT easier then I thought it would be. Today's tip is ...bring your own bags to the grocery store.

Plastic bags take 1,000 years to decompose in our landfills. Sure some stores have bins for recycling them but only 1% of plastic bags used to hold our goods are recycled! Paper is only good if you recycle it.

The bags I have been using are Envirosax, I LOVE THEM!!! (I went with the Retro colors)They are big, hold up to 2 "Plastic" bags worth of groceries. They are super light weight and fold up neatly in a little pouch so you can carry all 5 bags in your purse! Since using these bags I have not had to use any plastic bags. You can you even carry the bags like a purse meaning less trips between the car and house. I have had at least 1/2 dozen people ask me about them. I saw one of them with the bags last week. I am so happy that I am making a difference, a small one, but a difference none the less.



3 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

If people don't use the plastic bags from the grocery store, what are they supposed to use for their cat or dog poop?

my2boyz said...

Carrie go to poopbags.com, a real site I swear! They sell bags that biodegrade, help reduce your animals carbon footprint!

Unknown said...

Nice tuesday tip :D Feel free to grab tips from my blog :D The more we spread the word on how to be green the more we help the planet :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails