Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rocket Car and Stiches

This morning was like any other typical Saturday morning in our house hold but with the lingering excitement LCA's first Pine Wood derby. The kids get up are STARVING eat a whole $4.00 box of cereal and turn on the TV. I am barley awake and Larry is downstairs on the Ab Lounge.
T was pretty EXCITED about the Pinewood Derby, his car "The Rocket Car" was super cool. Larry and T take off to their event and S and I decide to play some Wii. First I needed to call a friend/business associate and discuss some things. We were talking when all of the sudden I hear this LOUD, I mean LOUD thud followed by a BLOOD CURDLING scream. I turn around to see S with his hand over his forehead and blood pouring out of this HUGE gaping wound! I hang up on my friend and grab a wet paper towel, (100% recycled paper towels of course) and put pressure on the wound. I take a better look at it and called the clinic be here in 15 minutes they say! I knew from past experience that when the sides of a wound do not touch you need stitches and this fit the bill! I was still in my PJ's so I frantically threw some clothes and scooped S up and was out the door.
As I was headed to the car Larry comes home T took 3rd place in the Pine wood Derby! I explain what happened Larry rolls his eyes, if you know S then you know why.

At this point the crying has stopped and now the fear has set in. You see this is quite similar to what happened last summer while visiting grandma and grandpa.

My parents take the kids for a month every Summer and this was S first time. It was the day before Larry and I were heading down to get them they were having "last night with out mom and dad party". They were in the hot tub and S was sitting on the edge sneezed fell back wards and spit the back of his head open. That took 4 STAPLES to close.

So now he is screaming "NO STAPLES IN MY HEAD" over and over. I assured him no staples. Well it took 5 stitches to close up the wound on the forehead. He was SO BRAVE did not even cry the whole time we were at the Clinic. He is such a tough man.

We never did play the Wii, I called my friend hours later and filled her in. By the way this is the 3rd time S has been to the "ER"; he will be 5 in June!!!!!


Outnumbered2to1 said...

Wow. Just WOW. Good job to T, poor S. Is there ever just a normal Saturday morning?

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh! What exactly did he DO!?! Hit himself in the head with the wii?? I love that your husband rolled his eyes, like this kid does stuff like this all the time. Surprise surprise.

ps thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comments!!

Carrie said...

I don't know if this is true or not, but the fifth time in the emergency room is when social services gets involved. I'm just saying.

Susan said...

Outnumbered-NEVER a normal day in our house and what is normal anyway?

Kathy-the coffee table, not the Wii! Silly :) This child is "bouncy" always full of bruises!

Carrie- Um what? Thank god one of them was out of state! So I really have 3 more to go in town! I am thinking of a bubble wrap suit!

Susie said...

I felt your fear here--you write so well!
what in the world did your little one do to get such a large gash? a friend of mines 2 year old put a gash the same size in his cheek from a coffee table.

you did a great job taking care of him and he is the bravest boy ever! very cool!

Heidi said...

You sound experienced at the whole ER-wound thing. I am not sure if that's good or bad, but look for me next time you are there. I will be with the crazy 16 month old who thought he could fly. We can get coffee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails