Sunday, June 29, 2008

After 20 years.....

Did you ever have a GREAT friend in high school only to loose touch with them? Of course it has happened to all of us. That friend who you did CRAZY stuff with like driving down the road in your bras? That friend that you went dancing with at a cheesy teen night club thinking you were the coolest ones there? That friend who you drank and did other unmentionables with? That friend that no matter how many years have gone by with one email it is like time never passed?

Well I have that friend, Jenn. I cannot for the life of me remember why we lost touch or even how but I am so happy that we reconnected. I don't talk to many people I went to school with, why? I just don't care about them, sounds harsh but it is true. Now I can say I talk to 3 people I went to school with. 3 you say? yep only 3!!

I had friends in high school, plenty of them. Good friends who I thought I would always be friends with but today wonder where they are and how they are doing. I went to a super small high school in Connecticut it was grades 7-12. A regional school consisting of 3 small towns, I was one of 66 in my graduating class. I know that is so small. So small that if you farted in gym class everyone knew in 10 minutes, seriously.

Jenn sent me a message via classmates.com, what would we do without the Internet? First I would not be on here blogging that's for sure and I would have never touched base with an old friend. I LOVE THE INTERNET!!

So thank you Internet and classmates.com! And Jenn thank you for sending that first message I can't tell you how happy I am that we reconnected, have a blast a Cruefest and I hope you get back stage. If you do which I know you will DO NOT PASS OUT!!! Or do, maybe Nikki will give you mouth to mouth! Now that would be a great blog post!

7 comments:

Rene said...

I went to a small school too -- 28 in my graduating class. Not only did everyone in the school know when you did something stupid but so did all 800 inhabitants of the town! I'm so glad for you that you got to reconnect!

Candid Carrie said...

Uh oh. I read about you two in the paper, here we go again!

Teri said...

That is great that you found your old friend. And I, too, love the Internet. Technology rocks!

Caroline said...

I have my 20 year HS reunion in September (can't even believe I am that old!). Last year the "girls" (4 of us that smoked Virginia slim ultra light menthols and drank too many wine coolers) got together and have been keeping in touch via email. Totally great to re-connect! Brings you back to that time when you were a little too crazy, but could get away with it.

Kelly said...

Oh thats awesome you got to meet up with your gal pals again. Time to totally remennence about the old days while chuggin' some Boones'!!
BTW thanks for stopping by my blog.. and yep I am totally doing yoga again. I did have more sucsess in Bikram classes than going it alone in my living room. But its not 105 degrees in here..haha
~Kelly

AFRo said...

Mine was MySpace. I'm actually still in touch with several of my peeps from high school but only because of the internet.

Can you imagine what our kids' lives are going to be like with all this technology?

Heather said...

Oh how FUN!! Okay, you keep in touch with three more people than I do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails