Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leapfrog helped us celebrate National Math Day!

Did you know this past Sunday, March 14th was National Math Day? No? Don't feel bad either did I, but Leap Frog did and to celebrate they sent us a copy of their newly released DVD Leapfrog: Math Adventure to the Moon. Math is one of if not the most important subject that is taught in schools. I remember saying "Why do I have to take Algebra? I'll never use it" Boy was I wrong, i use it almost everyday in my job. We are huge fans of Leapfrog and have been since our oldest was born. We own many Leapfrog toys and DVD's and this DVD lives up to Leapfrogs reputation as brand parents and educator trust. Were you aware that Leapfrog has over 120 million educational platforms, books and games, something for every child!

My youngest loves anything to do with outer space and math so he was excited when I showed him the DVD, both in one DVD. He enjoyed it but I feel he might be a little advanced for it as he is doing 2nd grade math in Kindergarten! It did capture his attention and he did interact with it, which was funny as he was yelling at the TV. I wanted to video him but batteries were dead in my video camera! Another moment missed because of my lack of planning.

Movie Synopsis:

Join Tad and Lily as they blast off on an exciting educational adventure! Tad and Lily need the perfect collection of things to take to school for their math assignment. When they finally decide on moon rocks, there’s just one problem — how will they get them? With some magical help from their firefly friend, Edison, they board a rocket ship to start their quest. Soon the twins learn that math is everywhere, even in outer space! Watch as they use their skills in counting, sorting, skip counting and recognizing patterns to overcome obstacles, find new friends and make the trip back to Earth!

DVD Special Features

-The Sorting Game-help Tad and Lilly sort crystals into their correct groups

-Four sing along songs

-Alphabet song from Let's go to School

The DVD retails for $14.95 and can be purchased here and you can view the trailer for the movie there as well. I highly recommend adding this one to your Leapfrog collection.





I revived a copy of Leapfrog-Math Adventure to the Moon DVD to help in my review. The opinions are my own and I was not paid for my review.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails