Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday's Green Tip and Contest Winner

Happy Tuesday! Lets start with the contest. WOW is all I can say! I ended the contest with 355 comments, CRAZY huh? My inbox is full! I would like to thank everyone who participated and Charlie's Soap, you all ROCK!

The winner is....122

Timestamp: 2008-08-12 04:07:32 UTC

Jennifer said...
We have been using Method products for quite a while now, but I have been waning to try Charlie's soap products. So many green suggestions;
reusable canvas bags for shopping
recycle
compost
use rain barrels...


Congrats Jennifer! Jennifer please contact me with your address so i can get your soap to you!!

Now for the Green tip....I have decided to use some of the wonderful tips that were given for my contest.

windycindy said...
I have been washing most of my laundry in cold water.

CanCan said...
My green tip is to have your husband switch from shaving cream to shaving soap and a shaving brush. This keeps those shaving cream cans out of the land fills, and it's cheaper, too! We find our shaving soap and shaving brushes at CVS.

Jenn said...
I just recently discovered that it is not necessary to wash blue jeans every day. In fact, it is recommended to NOT wash them. Supposedly, it's recommended on the tag of pricey European jeans to go a month without washing them. I don't think I can stand to do that, but I can go a couple days. It is also recommended to line dry them, which is something I prefer to do anyway.

nanja said...
My green tip Don't add to our over used thrash accumulation by throwing out dryer sheets After each use put then in a jar that you add a few cap fulls of fabric softener to, shake take out and clip them all with a one clothespin, let dry and voila! new dryer sheets to use.

janetfaye said...
Instead of using Ajax cleanser to clean my sinks I have been using Baking Soda, it works very well.

Ginny said...
My green tip is to turn off the water while brushing your teeth & soaping up your hands while washing. Saves a bunch of water! Also, you can use gray water to water plants, etc.

Reiza said...
Okay, here's my green tip:Resell, donate or make something out of old kids' clothes. If they get stained, either use the fabric or pass it on to someone else who can. If we reused more clothes and bought used ones instead of brand new, we could eliminate a lot of waste.

There were so many WONDERFUL tips and again a HUGE Thank you to all!!!

Until next Tuesday...... keep it Green!

4 comments:

Miss Blondie said...

Hey, stop by my blog, i have an award for you... :)

Jenna said...

I love reading Green Tips!!!

You've been tagged as well, stop by if you are interested!

Connie said...

I miss you. Everything okay?

Anonymous said...

We can always use good green cleaning tips! Sorry we missed the contest, but looks like you had great turn out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails