Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday's Green Tip

Hi all...so sorry for the late post, I have had a super busy day. Today was almost 60 F......VERY unusual for Wisconsin....bummer I was working most of the day :(

Today is Green day here on my blog...so lets get started.

Here are 10 simple tips to make your life a little greener.

1) Wash "Ziploc" bags after use instead of throwing them away however do not reuse if meat was stored in them!

2) Wash your laundry in cold water and only wash when you have a full load.

3) Avoid aerosol cans if possible, you can not recycle them

4) When you are in the market for a new computer consider a laptop. It uses 5 times less energy then desktop models.

5) Take your own reusable coffee mug each time you go get coffee. I use a travel mug with coffee from home.

6) Wrap your water heater in an insulated blanket and lower the temp to 120 F.

7) Line dry clothing when weather and season permits

8) Go to your local library instead of buying books

9) Whenever possible use green cleaners

10) Bring you own reusable bags to the grocery store. If you need to choose, go with paper and make sure you recycle it!

There you go.....10 tips to help you live a greener life!

Until next week...keep it green.



Don't forget about my giveaway here. I will post the winner of the Toms of Maine Wednesday AM! Thanks to all who entered.

1 comment:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

More tips! I want more! These are very helpful - I did not know how much less energy laptops use. Wow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails